Tuesday, March 29, 2011

EARTHWORKS’ body oil and soap have me feeling sweet and sour


Here's a picture of EARTHWORKS soaps in "limone" and "lime" and bath oil in "limone".

Oranges and tangerines. Clementines, too. Give me a citrus to eat and I’ll be happy for the rest of the day.
I’m serious. There’s something about citrus fruits that are just so lively and vibrant to me.
Maybe it’s their color. Or perhaps their smell. Better yet, their taste.
During a trip to one of my fave local boutiques B Original, I bought two EARTHWORK soaps in “limone” and “lime” and some body oil in “limone.”
The products are paraben-free, not tested on animals and made with recyclable packaging. Score three points for green and cruelty-free beauty.
EARTHWORKS was featured on one of Oprah’s Favorite Things shows a few years back so this product must be all that and a bag of chips, right?
Sort of.
The soap didn’t live up to the hype for me. At $13 a bar, I was expecting more of a luxurious feel and more suds from the bar.
I didn’t get that and I felt robbed because $13 is a lot of money to spend on soap.
However, I love-love-loved the limone bath oil. I use the $22 bottle to moisturize my body after showering. It smells lovely and layers nicely after using the limone soap.
The oil feels like silk on my skin. I’ve been trying to use a little bit at a time to keep from running out of it.
Overall, the EARTHWORKS products are OK, but I expected just a little bit more from the soap. The body oil more than made up for that shortfall, though.

FTC Disclosure: I was not compensated by EARTHWORKS for this review. I paid for the product with my own funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment