Wednesday, December 23, 2009

record & tape traders vinyl haul


My editor sent out an e-mail yesterday afternoon saying that the local record & tape traders was going out of business ( insert sad face.)
I stopped by the store during my dinner break to see what kinds of records they had.
I ended up leaving with what felt like the store's entire vinyl inventory:

-Jefferson Airplane
-Grace Slick
-Three Dog Night
-Carole King
-Patti Labelle
-Evelyn Champagne King
-Parliament
-Joni Mitchell
-B.B. King
-Santana
-Gloria Gaynor
-The Stylistics
-Arthur Prysock
-Joan Baez
-Earth, Wind and Fire

There are others that I'm sure I'm forgetting but I can't wait to listen to all of them.
They were all 50 percent off and so I ended up paying about $55 for 37 records.
Look for reviews to come in the next few months.

Also, Happy Christmas and Merry New Year. And peace and blessings to you that don't celebrate the holidays.

2 comments:

  1. I think Evelyn Champagne King's "Love Come Down" is one of my all-time favorite songs. Such a great beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, a great song from an underrated singer.

    ReplyDelete