Saturday, June 9, 2012

Polish Week: My Nailcare Routine!!

I've gotten a few request to do a post on my nailcare routine.
It's nothing too difficult and doesn't take up a lot of time.
Here's what I do, in pictures:

First, I remove my nail polish with Zoya's Plus Remover:

I love the pump on this remover, which removes polish with ease. It's my fave remover of all time, but when I can't get to Ulta to buy a bottle, I use Target's $3 non-acetone polish remover.

Then, I buff and file my nails:

I remove my ridges and smooth my nails with these cheapies I get from the drug store. I use a glass file that I got from Sephor to file my nails.

The cuticles are next:

I just push them back with an Orange Wood stick. These things are great because they can be used over and over again. I've also used them for getting gunk up from under my nails and mixing polish.

Also, I massage Burts Bees cuticle cream in to my cuticles:

This stuff has done wonders for my cuticles! Sometimes, I use olive oil or lip balm to moisturize my cuticles.

Afterward, I moisturize my hands with love and toast hand cream:
This stuff has been love in a bottle for my hands! It's so moisturizing and smells so good!

Then, I apply a base coat:

I'm currently using one from Orly that I got from CVS.

Next, I apply three coats of nail polish so my nails can pop. I let them dry.

Finally, I apply one coat of Poshe top coat:

I was using Seche Vite top coat for a long time but like this one because it's 3-Free and dries super fast. I'm able to place tape on my nails for Funky French manis shortly after applying the Poshe top coat. 

And that's it. That's my easy, breezy nailcare routine.
That wasn't rocket science, was it?

What about you? How do you do you at-home manicures?


FTC Disclosure: I previously paid for the products with my own funds.

3 comments:

  1. I'm starting to accept that which basics I use (basecoat, etc.) really do matter, so having a place or two to start is great--thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mslzot! I think it's important to start with basics but also experiment. Can't tell you how much money I've spent on basecoats, topcoats and polish remover over the past few years! Now, I know what I like and don't like. Find what works for you. Thanks so much for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, my nails have been so brittle for past few months and Im not gone even discuss these cuticles gonna try the Burt bees cuticle balm, where did u purchase the hand cream?

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete