Monday, June 25, 2012

NOTD: Revlon’s Coastal Surf

I’ve got a confession to make. But you’ve got to promise not to tell anyone, ‘K?
Here’s my secret: I’ve never worn a gel manicure.
Yep, I said it and I went on the record with my statement.
My reason is valid, though, because I do think it’s a good product for busy mothers and career women.
I mean, how could you not support a nail polish that doesn’t chip for two weeks?
I can’t at the moment because I have a short attention span. I change my nail color like I breath. Too many colors and designs to paint.
Enter Revlon’s Colorstay line.
I’d been wanting to try this line for a long time now because the polish is supposed to give a shine similar to gel polishes once dried.
There are lots of shades in this collection but my eye zoomed right to Coastal Surf, a beautiful sky blue hue.
Gawd, this color is just so pretty!
The formula was creamy; went on opaque in about two coats but I'm wearing three coats just because.
The polish was durable. I didn't notice any chippage for a few days.

The shine was on point, and the color! Oh, the color!
Got a call from Al Roker the other day asking me to please take the sky off my nails and put it back in the atmosphere!

What say you? What's on your tips and toes?

FTC Disclosure: I paid for this polish with my own funds.

4 comments:

  1. Haha I loved coastal surf. A very pretty color. I have hot pink on my toes, which I need to change soon, it makes my feet look weird. And I have red and orange glitter on my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brianna!

      I love this color! It's just so pretty! Been wearing lots of blue polishes lately and this is one of my faves. Pink sounds cute, as does red and orange glitter!

      Delete
  2. Lol, take the sky off . I love that color I must admit I've been looking at it for a while now but I've decided to try the gel polish to aid in my nailgrowth great post thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey CocoagirlD!

      It's a great color; the only one that stood out to me. How do you like the gel polish? What color did you get? Which company? I've been hearing good things about OPI's version of the gel mani.

      Delete