Wednesday, February 24, 2010

5 inexpensive ways to show you care



Most people who know me know that I have a huge, warm heart.
I give of myself and don't expect in return and I've mastered the art of listening.
I'm the one who sends thank you cards or a small gifts for whatever reason.
I know and love how it feels receiving a small tokens of appreciation.
You see, I've always believed that the small (and inexpensive) things in life matter.
With that said, here's a list of five inexpensive ways to show your appreciation for someone you care about:

1. Send a card: Showing someone that you took time out of your busy schedule to send a hand-written note means the world, especially in the age of all this technology. I always keep cards on hand and get them for really cheap at stores like Marshall's and T.J. Maxx.

2. Make a small gift: Whether it's a piece of jewelry or another craft item, homemade gifts are priceless. And nothing says from the heart like homemade baked goods made with warmth and love.

3. Give a magazine subscription: Some magazines are offering two-for-one specials, meaning you pay for the price of one subscription but get a magazine for yourself or a friend. I recently took advantage of Essence magazine's offer and got a subscription for myself and my fave aunt as a surprise gift.

4. Give a donation in a friend's name: This is gaining in popularity because of the economy. During Christmastime, I interviewed people who were doing this instead of buying their families gifts.

5. Smile: Sounds cheesy but it can warm up someone's day and it exercises your facial muscles:).

Image courtesy of www.schwimmerlegal.com/smiley.jpg.

No comments:

Post a Comment