Friday, December 30, 2011

Glitter Polish Week: Essie's A Cut Above



I'm on vacation this week but since New Year's is a few days away, I wanted to celebrate by showing you some glitter polishes I've been wearing this season.
Here's a newbie from Essie!


Essie!!
Where is she?
Who is she?
Whomever she is, she needs to come here and lemme congratulate her for a minute because she really has hit a home run with her Luxeeffects collection.
I recently raved about the magnificent Shine of the Times and I'm now raving about A Cut Above, which I recently scooped up from Ulta for about $8.
It was worth every penny.
Now I usually don't do glitters but A Cut Above has me feeling like a pretty, pink unicorn sipping purple Kool-Aid and eating baby blue cotton candy:)
The polish is made up of large and small rose-colored glitter.
If you look closely, you can see bits and pieces of red glitter in there too! I think the red pieces of glitter make the nail polish so cool.
The formula is a bit thick, though, and I've been using it as a topcoat.
I put one coat over Maybelline's Mod Mauve. Hello Kitty's Blueberry is on my ring finger. Take a peek:



The bling from the glitter blinded me so much that I had to put a pair of sunglasses on. Not really, I just added one thin coat of Sally Hansen's black crackle and got this:



Cute, right? I think so.

I ought to invite Essie over to my place for brunch or something one day so we can discuss her next nail polish collection.
She sure has stepped up her game with the Luxeeffects collection.

FTC Disclosure: I paid for the product with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment