Thursday, August 27, 2009

Money Moment: Glamour Magazine's September Issue



I recently received my monthly Glamour
magazine and was immediately drawn to their section, "36 Things Every Woman Should Know About Money." It featured financial advice specifically for ladies from some of the top woman money gurus out now like Suze Orman and CNN's Maria Bartiromo. Among some of the things mentioned:

1. Budget and stay on budget. (I do this already and it helps me a lot.)

2. Start saving for your retirement now. (This has been my mantra ever since I received my first paycheck.)

3. Use cash instead or your debit card and keep your change. (This doesn't work for me because I like to have cash on hand for misc. things such as parking or spending money and not for bills. I do, however, keep my change. Every little penny really does count.)

4. Transfer balances onto lower-interest cards. (I recently did this and am seeing the difference in my balance.)

5. Invest right now. (I don't know about you, but I don't have any extra money to waste, especially in this recession. But investing is an area that I do need to do more research on so I can be really adept in it.)

Some of these tips are really no-brainers but the article was very informative and it was free financial advice. You can never go wrong with free advice:).


Photo courtesy of www.glamour.com.

1 comment:

  1. Its nice to know that I wasnt the only one who reviewed last month's Glamour Magazine. :) Although I didnt make it too far past the cover.

    Nice Blog!!

    ReplyDelete