Wednesday, May 30, 2012

NOTD: L'oreal's Now You Sea Me



I knew I had to have L'oreal's Now You Sea Me when I first saw it on shelves.
It's a lovely gray-ed out blue and is perfect for spring.
I just love this color on me!
But I kept looking at it and looking at it because it looked so familiar.
Here, take a peek:


I got to thinking: This color looked so familiar because NYSM is a dupe of butterLONDON's Artful Dodger!
These two look so identical that I can't tell them apart.
Here they are side by side:


Look at my nails again:

Artful Dodger is on my ring finger. Couldn't tell? Neither could I. If you look closely, Artful Dodger is sliiiiightly darker than NYSM.

And here's some nail art I did with NYSM as a base:

I used Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air and a black nail art bottle.

NYSM applied streaky and thin. It took about three coats for full opacity.
Artful Dodger is definitely the expensive version of this color and has the better formula but I'm not a fan of butterLondon's brushes.
NYSM retails for about $6 at drugstores.

What say you? What's on your tips and toes?

FTC Disclosure: I paid for the polishes with my own funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment