Thursday, May 17, 2012

RIP Donna Summer

Confession: Sometimes when I'm in my "listen to my record collection mood," I air guitar to Donna Summer's "Love to Love You Baby" like I'm the female Bootsy Collins:



Don't judge. The bass, guitar and her croons in this song make this tune so hypnotic.
That's why I was so, so, sad to learn today that Summer, the Queen of Disco, had died from cancer at the age of 63.
She lived a full life, had a successful music career filled with No. 1 songs and sparkly disco albums and had a loving family. My condolences go out to those close to her.
I'm thankful the music gods blessed the world with her talent, voice and her artistry.
I listen to her album "Hot Stuff" when I'm getting ready for work.
Thumping songs like the title track and "Bad Girls" help me wake up in the morning:




The Queen of Disco will truly be missed.
RIP Donna Summer.

2 comments:

  1. loved her. she was awesome. so sad to see such a young life gone to the evil C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. She was young, too, but leaves behind a good legacy of music.

    ReplyDelete