Thursday, April 14, 2011

My new skincare regimen: The Oil Cleansing Method



Oils are staples in my house. I use them to take off make-up, moisturize my scalp and now I’m using oils to cleanse my skin.
Yes, I’m doing the popular Oil Cleansing Method.
The OCM is a cleaning routine where you use different kinds of oils to, well, cleanse dirt and other buildup from your skin. The premise of the method is that “like dissolves like”. The key is that you have to use the right type of oil mixture for your skin so that the mixture will work.
Castor oil is the “carrier” oil in the mixture that does the main cleansing. You have to have another oil for moisturizing purposes. My skin is desert dry so for the past two months, I’ve been cleansing with the Castor and olive oil mixture.
After I massage the mixture in my skin, I place a hot washcloth over my face for about a minute, then wipe the oil mixture off. I do the same thing again two or three more times. Afterward, I place a cold washcloth on my face to close my pores and tone with rose water that I got from India.
I then moisturize with a mixture of tea tree, vitamin E, almond, avocado and jojoba oils.
It’s all a greasy mess but I have seen a difference and like the results so far: brighter, even skin and smaller pores.
Now I’ve read mixed reviews about the OCM but I’m going to stay with my new regimen. It doesn’t work for everyone but it surely has been working just fine for me.

FTC Disclosure: I was not compensated by any beauty company for this review. I paid for the products with my own funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment