Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New camera and my life in images (heavy pics)

Santa got me this Canon G12 for Christmas:



Yay! She's a beauty and I've been so excited about her that I've been snapping pictures of everything:

Flowers I crocheted:

I crochet the extra yarn from my circle scarves into cute, little flowers like these. They're so cute. I'm thinking about making them into little barrettes or pins. I'll find something to do with them!

Trader Joe's Caramel Popcorn:

I can't stop eating this popcorn and am therefore convinced that there's crack in it. It's just too damn good.

Beads!

Nothing's making me more happy now than finding beads for my earrings and arts-n-craft projects!

Yarn!

Yarn and beads. Beads and yarn. This is what my life has come to at 26!. Sounds boring but I've been having lots of fun getting my Martha Stewart on. My goal in life right now is to crochet the heck out of a baby blanket for my friend's daughter. She's due this summer so I have some time to get it right.

Polish!

Nothing new here. I counted 109 bottles in my polish collection. Think it's time to go on a chill pill and use what's currently in my polish collection. Easier said than done because I came across Wet n wild's "Give Me a Price Quote" and "Cost is No Issue" on clearance for $1.50 each from Walgreens and scooped them up:

Couldn't pass these two glittery, sparkly babies up. I mean, just look at my nails!

New lip balm and hand creme:

I've been in love with this new-company-to-me called love and toast. Their green tea and mint lip balm ($3) and gin blossom hand creme ($9) are the bee's knees. The packaging is cute, the products are made without parabens and with natural ingredients and some of the proceeds support Girls Inc. of Denver. Good stuff.

Ever sweeter, a recent dessert of chocolate strawberries and wine:

As long as I live, I will always believe in the power of dessert. There's nothing like a chocolate-covered strawberry and a glass of wine to round out Sunday dinner.

How are you doing? What's making you happy these days?


FTC Disclosure: I paid for the products with my own funds.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats on the new camera! I'm loving all of the great, clear shots! Looks amazing ;) I think chocolate has been making me a little too happy these days.. been eating it like it's going out of style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lady! Thanks so much! I work with some really talented photographers and consulted them before buying. Can't wait to share some other photos! Chocolate never goes out of style. Hope you get more as Valentine's Day approaches!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new camera, I hear Canon cameras are really top notch... I'm thinking of getting one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey mama! Thanks so much! I'm so excited about it and notice a difference already! I paid about $400 for it from http://www.keh.com/. That sounds like a lot but I saw it as an investment. And that site is a trusted site that many professional photographers use. Keep me updated on your process!

      Delete