Friday, January 13, 2012

DIY: Making my own earrings!!!



One thing that's made me very happy lately is making my own earrings!
OMG, it's so easy (TOO easy). I use pliers like these:



...and supplies like earring backs and eye pins:



...and beads (gotta have beads!)...



...to make ear candy like this:



...and this:



You can get the supplies and beads at your local craft store for under $10.
I like to support the small man but Michael's has 40% off coupons in the Sunday paper.
The fun part is decorating the earrings. You can slide the beads on any which-way you want.
I usually make my earrings while watching my juicy reality TV shows like Mob Wives and Love & Hip Hop. Don't Judge:)

What do you think? What do you like to make? What's making you happy these days?

FTC Disclosure: I paid for the products with my own funds.

6 comments:

  1. You gave nice post to us DIY making on earrings. Thanks for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.
    Silver Earrings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great!!
    a really good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks easy!
    I'm not very crafty, but I think I could do this :)
    Thanks!
    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jony: Thanks so much! This has been one of the easiest DIYs I've ever done. The professionals make it hard but it's not. I don't think I'll ever buy any more earrings!

    @rock-or-not: You should try it. The supplies are really cheap and it's so much fun. Send me a link if you decide to make your own earrings.

    @ptitemeve: This was too easy! You'd have a lot of fun making your own earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be way in to making jewelry.. like, obsessed! I had to put that hobby on a shelf because I made TOO MUCH stuff and had no idea what to do with it. The ones you made are soo pretty! Makes me want to pull my jewelry stuff back out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ WitchHazel: You seem like a crafty person. You should pull the earrings back out and open an Etsy store! I'm in the process of possibly opening one. I'm consigning with my fave boutique and will likely be a vendor in some local trunk and art shows. Girl, make you a little extra money for your Sephora addiction! lol

      Delete