Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ulta haul: Pixel and essence polishes



I haven’t been to Ulta in a minute, but I recently raided the store as soon as I got my monthly brochure, which always comes with a $3.50 off $10 coupon.
Ulta had lots of new products on their shelves, including a new nail polish brand called Pixel. Yay!
I bought two Pixel polishes, an essence polish and pencil sharpener.

The Pixel polish line is DBP, toulene, and formaldehyde-free.
It features 72 shades at $2.50 a pop.
I bought “Turquoise the Noise” and “Blue Ray Baby.”
“Blue Ray Baby” is a first cousin to my fave polish of all time, Sephora by OPI’s “Teal We Meet Again,” but it has a little less green in it.



“Turquoise the Noise” is a pretty medium blue that’s a few shades lighter than Sally Hansen’s “Blue Me Away.”

Here's a swatch:


The Pixel formulas were creamy but a tad streaky.
The polishes lasted for about a week.
I love how cute and little the bottle is.
Who finishes a big bottle of polish anyways?

And I had to scoop up a bottle of essence polish because I’ve been seeing good things about it all over the beauty blogosphere.
Plus, I’ve never bought any of their polishes before.
I like the formula on this one too. And at 99 cents, the price is A-OK with me.
“Breakthrough” reminds me of a Barbie purple or pink. It’s OK. I’m not in love with it though.

Here a “Breakthrough” swatch:



Which polishes do you like? When was your last Ulta haul? Have you tried Pixel or essence polishes before? If so, what were your experiences?

FTC Disclosure: I paid for all products with my own funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment