Monday, September 26, 2011

Salma Hayek Nuance shadow and liner review



I love Salma Hayek as an actress and was delighted to know that she recently launched a new cosmetic line.
The line, which is called Salma Hayek Nuance, is sold exclusively through CVS and was inspired by Salma’s grandmother.
Products include make-up, skincare and haircare.
I scooped up an eyeshadow duo ($10) and a gel eyeliner pencil ($10) through a BOGO free deal CVS had a few weeks ago.

Here are swatches:



And after a water test:



And here's are a couple of FOTD's using the shadow and liner:




I used the plum shade and a light brown from a discontinued Physicians Formula shadow duo.

The products feature some natural ingredients, are fragrance-free and are not tested on animals. I like, I like.
The gel liner was OK. (Urban Decay’s 24/7 liners have spoiled me so nothing will ever be as good as them!)
But the Nuance liner did stay put all day and is waterproof.
The shadow duo was another story, though. I loved the plum shade. LOVED it!!
But not the other shade, which was too light and came off too easily after my water test.
Overall, I’m not sure if I’ll buy any more Nuance products. I found the line to be mediocre for a drug store brand.
I will be wearing the heck out of the plum eyeshadow this fall, though.

FTC Disclosure: I paid for the product with my own funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment