Friday, November 18, 2011

Four beauty products I will not buy

I was perusing Sephora's website recently and came across some things that I just couldn't see myself buying. They included:

1. Lip scrubs: I've sampled the fresh sugar lip scrub in Sephora and while it's nice, I just don't see why I should buy something I can make at home. Mix some sugar, honey and I have some lip scrub.

2. Body scrubs: I don't buy body scrubs at all anymore because I love concocting my own versions in my kitchen with sugar, salt, oil, spices and honey.

3. Brow gels: I try to keep my brows touched up myself and just don't see the point of brow gel. No disrespect to Anastasia. I respect her body of work, but I just wont invest in brow gel because I don't have a need for it.

4. Hair spray: Why buy when again, I can make my own? I usually concoct my own version by mixing oils and water. The mixture does my scalp and locs justice.

What about you? What products would you not buy?

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the lip scrub.. as a matter of fact, I've never purchased one that lives up to the ones I make at home. I like a nice, coarse scrub to really get my lips smooth and it seems like store bought ones melt away too fast.

    ReplyDelete