Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Best Books I've Read Part 2

Here are more books that I’ve fallen in love with during my service:

-The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini: This story grabbed me from the beginning to the end. It’s a wisely told tale of an Afghani boy who witnesses both terror and beauty in his homeland and abroad. The characters and plotline have stuck with me ever since reading it earlier this year.


 -Leaning In by Sheryl Sandberg: I really liked this book. Sure, it’s part feminist manifesto but it also has great career advice and management tips that I could’ve used when I was a young journalist. This book has helped me to deal with jealousy and hatred (caused by women in the workplace here!!!) and helped me to realize that I want to go to business school and need to work for myself.




-Bossy Pants by Tina Fey: Very funny. That is all:)



Have you read any of these books? If not, what are you reading? And don't forget to check out Part 1 of lovely tomes I've read out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment