Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Making Your Own Lip Gloss


The ingredients: one small beet, two tablespoons of powered sugar, three drops of olive oil, one Vitamin E tablet and several sample jars.


Mix 'em all up.


My beet-stained hands.


I poured them in leftover sample jars from Sephora.


I let them sit overnight.


The final product on my lips.

I recently came across this recipe to make your own lip gloss via
fashionwithabudget.
The ingredients included one small beet, three drops of olive oil, two tablespoons of powdered sugar, one vitamin E tablet and sample jars.
I washed the beet and chopped it into one-inch pieces. Then I placed it in a microwave for one minute so juice can come out. I had to heat up the beet for another minute because there wasn't enough juice the first time around.
(I later ate the beet. Yum.)
Then I mixed the beet juice and the other ingredients. I ended up adding more powdered sugar to the mixture because it wasn't thick enough.
I then poured the mixture in the small containers and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.
Sadly, I wasn't too happy with the results.
The gloss didn't last long and wasn't as moisturizing as I thought it would be.
After a while, I could feel little clumps of powdered sugar forming on my lips.
The gloss did taste good though, lol.
Despite the results, I'll probably try making the gloss again because it was fun and pretty cool making my own lip products:)

No comments:

Post a Comment