Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Music Haul: The Rotary Connection's "Songs"


I made up my mind that I'm going to learn how to play the bass guitar.
After my Saturday morning yoga class, I strolled over to Coffey Music on Main Street and inquired about lessons.
I priced some bass guitars in the store.
After brunch, I headed to Record & Tape Traders to price their bass guitars.
Something told me to dig through their record selection.
Glad I did.
I found The Rotary Connection's 1969 album, "Songs."
My love for this group is well known so finding this record truly made my day:)
The album is a nice and easy listen of pop and R&B covers.
I'm especially loving their barely recognizable but breezy version of "Respect."
The Jimi Hendrix-written "Burning of the Midnight Lamp" and the Eric Clapton-penned "Tales of Brave Ulysses" are my other faves.
The group does a decent job with the covers.
I love the album and am excited about learning the bass guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment