Thursday, March 22, 2012

Covergirl Shineblast swatch and review



I bought so many Covergirl Natureluxe gloss balms last year, that Covergirl should pay me a promotion fee.
I mean those lippies were so awesome. They were natural, inexpensive and durable.
So how does Covergirl’s Shineblast gloss compare to the Natureluxe glosses?
Well, there’s no comparison. And I don’t mean that in a good way.
The Shineblasts were on clearance at my local Walgreen’s for about $2.
I had so many Covergirl coupons that I hadn't used so I pretty much cleared the shelf, called myself stocking up on glosses.
23 dollars later, I called myself crazy. A few moments later, my wallet called me crying. LOL.
It was all good though because I gave most of them away as gifts.
Kept Ignite (865) for myself.

Here's a swatch of Ignite:


And here she is on my kisser:

This is a basic lip gloss.
The gloss is tasteless, it’s duration sucks and there didn’t seem to be enough in the tube.
It’s holographic in the bottle, which is kind of cool, but the glitter doesn’t show on the lips. Looks like it would be a really cool nail polish color.

Here’s Ignite after like 2-3 uses:

That's a low-down dirty, glossy shame, Covergirl!

Shineblast has a doe-tip applicator, which I’ve never been a fan of because I think it doesn’t pick up enough of the product.
Makes me feel like I’m wasting product, too.
I feel like I’ve tarnished this gloss’ reputation by not saying anything good about it. At least it sparkles and shines.

What's do you think? And what's on your lips these days?


FTC Disclosure: I paid for the gloss with my own funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment