Thursday, August 11, 2011

Time for Five: Random things I'm feeling

This is so random but here are five things I'm liking, doing or into now:

1. NYC's "Fashion Avenue Fuchsia":


Fall is right around the corner and lacquer-wise, I'm ready for autumn. This polish is so pretty; the perfect jewel-toned color for fall!!

2. My new record holder:


I bought this baby from my fave local boutique, B. Original. It holds my most beloved records so I don't have to go searching through my stack anymore. Perfect!!

3. Sephora Nail Art goodies:


I love Sephora's new line of stickers, glitter, dotting tools and other goodies. The dotting tool has a special place in my heart. It's made my manicures so much more fun!!

4. Me:


Yeah, I do silly things like this because I'm worth it. And I'm so thankful that I have all this time to self-assess and figure out what I want and need. My next relationship is going to be so good because of it:)


5. Using every last drop of my products:


As The Wu-Tang Clan would say, "Times is rough and tough like leather!" Don't judge.
Plus, this is a Lancome Juicy Tube. It's against the beauty law to waste any of this gloss!! Lol.

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post, I agree with #4...loving yourself first is key to your overall well-being.

    I agree with #5, times are tough for me also...that's why I've scaled back on so many purchases-can't remember the last time I bought something for myself. It's for the best anyway, I have more than I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, too ;)

    That nail color is so pretty.. I'm dying to bust out my fall shades! It's still too hot to wear anything vampy though.. I just can't get in to it yet.

    I don't blame you for squeezing out every drop of product. Since I learned all about depotting and decantering I make sure I get every penny's worth out of every product I buy! Gotta make those dollars stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ms. Viva Glam: In the past, I took care of boyfriends and family better than I took care of myself but not anymore. Learning to put myself first and know my worth.

    And I'm getting ready to go on another no-buy month because I too, have more than I need. I actually have so much that I gave some lip glosses away to co-workers the other day.

    @WitchHazel: Thanks, that color is gorge!! I can't believe fall is right around the corner but I'm ready, polish wise!

    We waste so much product so depotting and decantering are resourceful ways to get our money's worth. I have an upcoming post about depotting some old lip balms. I was in Sephora the other day and they even had a depotting set that included at palette, melting pot and scoop for $5.

    ReplyDelete