Thursday, August 25, 2011

Laura Mercier lipstick review



Plum. Raisin. Violet. Lilac.
However you say it, I've always been a member of the purple fan club. Always loved purple-hued lipsticks too.
That's why I was excited to discover Laura Mercier's "Violet," a plum lipstick that is perfect for fall!
At the time, I was in Sephora looking for a darker lipstick and swatched many lippies. This one warmed my heart.
And it's funny because I always walked past the Laura Mercier display.
Not this time though. Something told me to swatch her lippies and I'm glad I did.
"Violet" goes on very creamy and lasted for several hours.
The formula is lightweight.
The lipstick made me feel sexy but not in a vampy kind of way, like other purple lipsticks can come across as.

Here's a swatch:


"Violet" on my kisser:


What a beautiful color!
I've been wearing this baby to work and elsewhere.
My only caveats are the ingredients and pricetag.
The lipstick is not made with natural ingredients, but is made with anti-oxidant and anti-aging ingredients. That'll work for me.
And "Violet" set me back $22, which is really, really high for my pocketbook.
It was worth the splurge though!

Are you into purple lipsticks too? If so, what's your favorite?

FTC Disclosure: I paid for the product with my own funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment