Friday, July 1, 2011

Making Nail Polish Frankens with Old Eye Shadows


I've been having lots of fun making nail polish out of old eye shadows that I'm not using anymore.
It's also super cheap and resourceful, since I use old nail polish bottles and buy wet n wild's $1 top coat.
Here's a picture of supplies you'll need to make your own polishes out of shadows:

Supplies include: old eye shadow pigments, a sample container, a stick and a bottle of nail polish.

All I do is break up the shadow, put the pigments in a sample container, mix in a little clear polish, stir, put the mixture in an empty polish bottle and voila!

Here are some colors that I made recently:
I used H.I.P's "Striving" here:


I used bareMinerals' "Nightowl" here:


I used bareMinerals' "Disco" here:


I'm going to make some more polishes out of old eye shadows and pigments that I'm not using.
Have you ever done this before? If so, what was your experience?
FTC Disclosure: I was not compensated by any cosmetic company for this review. I paid for the product with my own funds.

3 comments:

  1. That blue came out sooo pretty~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but it's actually a deep emerald green. Time for a new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl..... Why I never knew about this??? This is genious!! Hey, how do you clean the color out of the colored nail polish bottles?

    ReplyDelete