Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sula Paint and Peel Polish Review

Sula's "Kelly" on my nails:

Sula's "Teal" on my tips:

Name: Sula Paint and Peel Polish ($5)

Game: I've been fawning over Sula's Paint and Peel polishes for a while because they've generated mixed reviews all over the beauty blogosphere.
The thought of an official peel-able polish intrigued me so I scooped up two Sula's in "Teal" and "Kelly" from my local Ulta. Both were on clearance for $5 each.
The polish is a free of formaldehyde, DBP and Toluene and gets major brownie points for that fact.
But did the polish live up to the hype?
I found the formula to be very, very runny. It applied very streaky on my nails.
I'm sure part of that is because the polish is water-based, but I had to apply three coats of "Kelly" to get it totally opaque.
The colors were OK.
"Teal" is a little too dark to be a traditionally bright teal, but I think it works as a fall kind of blue. (I ended up exchanging it.)
And "Kelly" is actually a really pretty green. It has a both a spring and summer vibe to it.
The polish came off in bits in pieces during the removal process, which isn't what the product promised.
And I noticed that some of my nail bed was torn off. Not cool!!
I had to end up using nail polish remover to get the remaining polish from the side of my nails.
Overall, the polish is a nice concept but fell flat on performance for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment