Thursday, March 11, 2010

sade music review



There's something effortless about Sade.
She wears minimal make-up, doesn't do many musical collaborations and she stays out of the limelight.
Sade just is.
And the Nigerian-born singer proves why in her latest effort, "Soldier of Love."
The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard charts and sold over 500,000 copies in it's first week. It sold about 200,000 in its second week.
The album is soft, peaceful and very relaxing.
My favorite song is "Babyfather," where Sade tells her child how strong her father's love is. This song had me in tears and is therapy for me, since I lost my dad about a year and a half ago.
I also love "The Long Hard Road" and "The Moon and the Sky."
Overall, the album finds Sade in her comfort zone and you won't be pressing the forward button.
"Soldier of Love" is classic Sade and proves why she is the Queen of the Quiet storm.


Photo courtesy of amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment