Monday, February 7, 2011

Books I'm Reading

Here's a list (in no particular order) of books I'm reading:

1. Simplify Your Life by Elaine St. James:

I'm trying my best to live a simple life but it hasn't been an easy thing to do, especially with a serious nail polish obsession like mine. This book gives 100 tips on simplifying your finances, health, and household.

2. Salt, Lemons, Vinegar, and Baking Soda by Shea Zukowski:

My big brother got me this book as a gift a few weeks ago (Thanks Mark!) It shows you how to use these four kitchen staples for cleaning and even beauty remedies.

3. The Best 100 African American Poems (edited by Nikki Giovanni)

I won this book from Brown Girl Gumbo a while back. It features classic poems from Gwendolyn Brooks, Maya Angelou, Amiri Baraka and Nikki Giovanni herself. The book also comes with a companion CD which is so soothing to listen to on a lazy Sunday.

4.The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman

I'm reading this book for my book club. It's been a slow read so far but Goodman's writing is very good. She draws out each and every character and I like her descriptive writing.

FTC disclosure: I either bought, won or were gifted these books. They were not given to me for review by any publishing companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment