Monday, September 8, 2014

Lion, the family dog! (World Wise Post)

Lion, the family dog, loves to visit me at school. Here he is, in all of his glory. Dude wouldn't leave the school grounds!

This blog post is part of a series of activities that I'm doing for the Peace Corps' World Wise program. The program links Basotho and American schools through various activities such as blogs like this one and friendly letters.

   Earlier this year, my host family got a new dog named Lion and he's quite the character. 
   The little homie just barges all up in my house without knocking or asking if he can come in.
   And he rummages through my garbage can like he pays my rent.
   Here are a few more tidbits about Lion.
  
Name: Lion Tsiane.

Age: Young.

Breed: No idea. If you know, please let me know.

Fave thing to do: Sniff through my garbage can.

Job: To protect and to annoy.

Fave food: Poop. No kidding. He eats the 4-year-old's poop.
 
   So that's Lion, the family dog.
   He irritates the heck out of me sometimes, like when I eat dinner outside and have to look at his sad puppy face. He ain't eating none of my good homemade curry, y'all!!!
   But he does protect me. He accompanies me during evening walks.
   One day, my neighbor's mutts ran up to me and Lion took the bites and scratches. My boo fought back! Just like a lion that he is.

Is there anything more specific you'd like to know? Please let me know. I'd be happy to answer your questions.

2 comments:

  1. I am an animal lover to the core, especially dogs! Lion is alright with me besides eating that poop! ewwww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice. Sorry for the late reply. Lion has been very good to me during the past year. He's been my bodyguard and all but I agree with you on the poop thing! Eww!

      Delete