Saturday, February 22, 2014

What I Do Everyday:)

Every night, I play UNO with my host family and sometimes I get beaten by the children, who are 4 and 9 years-old. Life sucks when this happens. 

   One of the international development tools that Peace Corps Volunteers all over the world use to start projects is called a daily activity schedule.
   It's a simple tool that shows what people in a community do throughout the day. It's important because it helps volunteers to allocate resources and assign tasks.
   Essentially, it's just like a page out of your planner.
   Instead of me writing in boring paragraph form about my daily schedule, I thought I'd have a little bit of fun and put my life in a daily activity schedule format. Read on:


A Day in the Life of Jiggetts

6 a.m.: Wake up.

6:30 a.m.: Alarm goes off. Hit snooze button.

7:30 a.m.: Hit snooze button again. Not a morning person.

8 a.m.: Somehow make it to school. Pretty sure I teleport there.

11 a.m.-noon: Eat lunch and go for brisk walk. Pass donkey carrying sack of maize meal on its back. Thank high heavens I'm not said donkey.

2 p.m.: Classes end. Extracurricular activities start.

4-5 p.m.: Go home. Sweep dead spiders out of house. Kill relentless flies. Cook milk and cereal for dinner.

6 p.m.: Go for evening walk. Listen to Daft Punk and Pharrell's "Get Lucky" because I'm cool like that.

7-8 p.m.: This is my "Play and Pray" hour. Play UNO with host family. Get beaten by 4-year-old. And 9-year-old. I officially suck at life. Pray with host family.

8-10 p.m.: Bathe. Paint penguins on nails. Penguins are cute.

10 p.m.-midnight: Count sheep. Fall asleep.

   Now, you must be asking when do I teach and work on my projects.
   Of course I teach the kids and work extra, super hard to promote the Peace Corps' mission of world peace and friendship through my projects and secondary activities.
   I ain't out here wasting your taxpayer dollars, alright now?
  But I am also for having a little bit of fun all throughout the day, OK? 

No comments:

Post a Comment