Sunday, May 19, 2013

R.I.P. Trader Joe's Cookie Butter:(

  

   Trader Joe's Cookie Butter joined the glucose gods in heaven on Saturday, May 4. I'll miss him.

   I'd like you to join me in mourning the loss of my only jar of Trader Joe's Cookie Butter.
   I finished him off with an apple on the evening of Saturday, May 4.
   He was 7-months-old. Sniff. Sniff.
   I've written about my love of Cookie Butter before. Figured I'd ship a jar to remind me of home.
   The highly addictive crushed biscuit spread was supposed to last during my entire 27-month Peace Corps service. But the glucose gods had other plans.
   Cookie Butter, also known as crack, influenced many a snack before--and during--my Peace Corps service. He spread himself thinly on many a wholegrain cracker. Made himself plenty of homes atop numerous slices of bread. And his sweetness perfectly balanced out the tartness of many a Granny Smith apple.
   Nutella had nothing on my precious Cookie Butter. Neither did peanut butter. Nor jelly.
   My taste buds, belly and Peace Corps service will never be the same without Cookie Butter. Sniff. Sniff.
   It will take time; for I will get through this heartbreaking loss. Cookie Butter will be missed like a loved one.
   But I'm sure he's resting safely in a pantry with the glucose gods in heaven; already having spread his sugary sweetness on many a slice of Angel food cake...for some devil.

   

3 comments:

  1. I've never had this before, but it must be really good! I loved your ode to Cookie Butter. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Crystal! Cookie Butter's really good. You should try some one day. Let me know what you think after you've had it. You might be writing your own ode to Cookie Butter when yours finishes, lol.

      Delete