Saturday, November 10, 2012

Short post: An update

jiggy
I visited Thaba Bosui (Mountain of the Night) last week. It's a historic place because it's where the country's founder, Moshoeshoe, founded the country.

Hey everyone!

Hope you're doing as well as I am.

Things are still going well here in Lesotho.
I'm in the honeymoon phase of my pre-service training and enjoying every minute of it.
My host family treats me like a princess and everything is still new and nice and beautiful. I'm loving the food and the mountains and the generosity of the Basotho people. 
Next week, though, I get my site location so I'll know exactly where I'll be living for the next two years.
I'm a little anxious because I don't want to be where it's too cold and I do want electricity, running water and a tree that grows Maloti (money.)
But I do understand that Peace Corps will place me where they need me. After all, that's what I came here for, right? We'll see where I end up.
Also, I'll be buying a cell phone soon so hopefully I can update the blog more.
Happy Turkey Day if I don't get to post before then.

Jennifer:)

P.S. The high altitude here has made my nails super dry but I'm I'm painting them when I can.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I read your blog and nominated you for a Liebster award!! http://handbagshairandheels.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Special K! Thanks for reading my blog and the award! Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great picture, Jennifer! Even though I know you're there to teach English, I'm sure this has been a wonderful learning experience for you as well. I'm enjoying your updates.

    ReplyDelete