Tuesday, May 29, 2012

NOTD: Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream


Deborah Lippmann. Mermaid's Dream. Spring/Summer 2012 collection. $18.

I'll start off with the basics here because this polish let me down something terrible.
It has a frosty aqua base with blue and gold specs of glitter in it. It is unique.
And it really does look like something a mermaid would dream of:

But it doesn't look good on me. Too light, I think.
Plus, the formula dried bumpy. I thought that my Poshe topcoat would somehow smooth out the four coats I applied for full opacity, but Mermaid's Dream is bumpier than a toad's back:
Finally, Mermaid's Dream chipped on the second day of me wearing it:
I gave up an Andrew Jackson for this baby and it had thee absolute nerve to chip on the second day??!! Deborah Lippmann, you ain't right for that one, girl!

I'm usually a Deborah Lippmann fan: Glitter in the Air is a milky marvel and Brick House is a bronze beauty. But Mermaid's Dream just made me want to scream.

Have you tried Mermaid's Dream? If so, what did you think about it?

FTC Disclosure: Sadly, I paid for the polish with my own funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment