Monday, February 10, 2014

A Lesson On Lesotho (World Wise post)

Lesotho is known for its beautiful landscape and breathtaking mountains.

This blog post is part of a series of activities that I'm doing for the Peace Corps' World Wise program. The program links Basotho and American schools through various activities such as blogs like this one and friendly letters.

    Hi kids! I hope you're doing well! My students are in the process of writing friendly letters to those of you who requested them so stay tuned!
    In the meantime, I'd like to talk about my country of service, Lesotho. Lesotho is a small country of about 1.8 million people.
   It is geographically surrounded by South Africa. There are ten districts in Lesotho. Tsoaing Primary School is located in the Mafeteng district, which is located in what is considered the southern part of the country.
   Lesotho is sometimes called the "Switzerland of Africa" because it gets so cold during the wintertime.
   The country is also known for its gorgeous mountain ranges. And the Basotho are famous for their beautiful blankets.
   Lesotho is a breathtaking country!

    Is there anything more specific you'd like to know? Please let me know. I'd be happy to answer your questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment