Thursday, January 7, 2010

Billboard: Vinyl sales up in 2009 over 2008



Apparently, vinyl sales were up last year over 2008, according to a recent Billboard.com article.
This doesn't surprise me, considering all the loot I dropped on records last year.
Listening to vinyl is a much different experience than popping a CD in a stereo or downloading an album from iTunes.
There's something nostalgic about placing a record on a record player and hearing it crackle and pop as it plays, then getting up and turning the record over to the other side.
I'm still going through my record collection; listening, learning and falling in love with new sounds.
I have an iPod, CD player and even a cassette player, but none of them compare to my precious record player, which can record tapes and CDs.
That's why vinyl sales are increasing.

Here's more from the story:

"Vinyl LP aficionados can also celebrate in knowing that vinyl album sales totaled 2.5 million in 2009, up a whopping 33% compared to 2008 (1.88 million). More vinyl albums were purchased in 2009 than any other year in the history of Nielsen SoundScan (since 1991)."

No comments:

Post a Comment